Megan Fox getting fired from her role as Witwicky’s girlfriend in Transformers was a very popular media happening. As much as everyone loved the bang Fox made in the first installment of the series, by the sequel, Fox’s character was highly anticipated to return. She was the only hot factor for miles in Transformers. I mean really. The rest was all good robots, bad robots and Shia LaBeouf- who might’ve had hot moments in other movies, but not in this one. Then Fox had to wrap up soon after the sequel, and lo and behold; enter Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Bringing with her the double bang of being a super-babe, as well as a VS model, could it be that Transformers was going to be even hotter than before? It might’ve been, but unfortunately, it was only hot enough to melt the screenwriters’ brains since they did such a bad job with Rosie’s character.
This entry is not written out of spite, believe me. It’s written out of pure frustration on the asinine stereotype these people presented in the movie in the form of this girl, namely one Carly Spencer.
- Is getting whacked on the head by a big, stuffed white rabbit the best idea of being awakened? Should it matter who is actually using the rabbit as some freakish alarm clock? Sure, it happens to be a very hot lady, but still. The mind truly protests. It does not happen in real life, not the way they’ve showed it anyway. And it should not happen in movies either because it’s very, very retarded.
- Fox’s role, Mikaela, actually had a career. Yes, she fixed cars, ran an auto-repair shop. She had a talent, she was hot but she managed to employ her time better by actually working instead of changing into mini-dresses. I keep trying to remember what it is that Carly does, but I can’t. Was she in PR? Why was she at the Whitehouse? I think she was in PR. Whatever it was, it was unduly overshadowed by everything else. Apparently, she had one rich client and she made a lot of money. But we never get to know what she’s good at doing (and I don’t only mean the hip swaying).
- Why is it imperative that Witwicky should only have a hot girlfriend? It worked in the first installment, it managed to work in the second, but really, by the third the concept is becoming obsolete. Choose a girlfriend by her beauty and brains, or at least with half a brain. Carly has bequeathed new heights to the dumb blonde stereotype.
- It must be said, and I’m sure everyone will agree. I miss seeing Mikaela running, like she did in the better part of Transformers 2. I missed her role, her obvious dedication to Witwicky and the overall feeling that she fit with him. Carly’s character is so… forced. She can’t run as well as Fox did of course. Maybe it was her short and tight dresses or the heels. But she couldn’t do it. No.
- Carly also doesn’t like the Autobots. She is pretty much hostile to them. They’re ruining her attractive ways of waking up her boyfriend, it seems. Time was that Mikaela actually fixed Bumblebee’s battle scars. But now, they have to fend for themselves. Mikaela isn’t there to help them feel better and Carly sure isn’t going to get any motor-oil on her dress, no way. Bring back the bikinis people, Carly won’t be getting down and dirty with the Autobots anytime soon. And sadly, it’s taken all the fun out of the film franchise.